Great Scott! Whoa Doc this is heavy. Happy Back to the Future day everyone. For those who don’t know, today (21 October) is the day that Marty came to the far future of 2015. The goal of Back to the Future day is to dress up like the characters in the movie when Marty came to the future. The idea is that on this day you’re supposed to dress up in your craziest futuristic outfit.
So rev up your Delorean, turn on the flux capacitor and aim for 88mph and celebrate Back to the Future 2 day with Nerdipop!
10 Cool facts about Back to the Future!
- This is the first film appearance by Elijah Wood. He plays one of the two boys that Marty speaks to in the diner near the start of the film.
- At the school dance, Biff is shown spiking the punch with alcohol. In Back to the Future (1985) George is shown drinking the punch before confronting Biff in the parking lot.
- In the DVD extras of Back to the Future Part II (1989), Robert Zemeckis had said that he really did not want the movie to take place in the future. That is because he felt that every time that a movie takes place in the future is mis-predicted.
- Scientist Carl Sagan considered this the greatest time travel movie ever made. He praised the accuracy in handling the multiple time lines as what would really happen if time travel were possible. In Back to the Future: The Game, Carl Sagan is the alias used by Doc Brown when visiting Hill Valley in 1931.
- Griff’s ‘Pit Bull’ Hoverboard was originally to be called ‘Mad Dog’ to foreshadow his character in Back to the Future Part III (1990).
- The date on the 2015 USA Today newspaper is October 22nd. This is Christopher Lloyd’s birthday.
- Filmed at the same time as Back to the Future Part III (1990). In the five years since the original Back to the Future (1985) was made, Michael J. Fox had forgotten how to ride a skateboard.
- The soda menu at Cafe 80’s listed four types of Pepsi products: Original, Diet, Max, and Perfect. Pepsi Max did become an actual flavour by 1993 in Europe. The American version was introduced in 2007.
- The shirt that Doc wears for the majority of the film features a design depicting cowboys on horseback and a train, foreshadowing the climax of the third film.
- The film takes place on October 26, 1985, October 21, 2015, from October 26 to October 27, 1985 in the alternate timeline and on November 12, 1955.