The other day I stumbled onto a very cool (and somewhat creepy) Easter egg that was originally found by imgur-user “myothertardisisafirebolt“.
The Easter egg was found in the second episode of the 5th season of the popular TV show – The Walking Dead.
There are a lot of Bible references in this episode. When you put the Bible verses together they almost form a story. The following verses were used: Romans 6:4, Ezekiel 37:7, Matthew 27:52, Revelation 9:6, and Luke 24:5.
Romans 6:4 – New International Version (NIV)
- We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
Ezekiel 37:7-10 – New International Version (NIV)
- So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.
Matthew 27:52-53 – New King James Version (NKJV)
- and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.
Revelation 9:6 – New King James Version (NKJV)
- In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.
Luke 24:5 – King James Version (KJV)
- And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, why seek ye the living among the dead?
This is a pretty cool Easter egg. It makes me wonder how the writers for the show went about to make this happen. It fits in well with the overall tone of The Walking Dead.