Valentine’s Day is a special day for couples to express their feelings for one another. There are numerous ways to make the day special and memorable, whether you’re in a long-term relationship or just starting out. Here are some Valentine’s Day ideas to help you plan the perfect day for your special someone:
(1) Watch your favourite romantic tv-series or movies with your better Geeky-half. See our suggestions here.
(2) Make a romantic geeky dinner for two: Look for your favourite movie or television recipe, such as Harry Potter Butter Beer, Lord of the Rings Lembas bread, or Ratatouille. Cooking together can be a great way to bond and spend quality time together. You can make a recipe you both like or try something new. Turn on some soft music, light some candles, and enjoy your meal in a cosy and intimate setting.
(3) Plan a surprise date: Plan a special date that your significant other will never forget. It could be as simple as a park Pokémon-themed picnic or as elaborate as a hot air balloon ride. The important thing is to make it thoughtful and personal.
(4) Make your own gift: Handmade gifts are often the most meaningful and personal. Consider making something one-of-a-kind and special for your partner, such as a scrapbook of your shared memories or a heartfelt letter, like in the movie, The Notebook. Add some romantic quotations for tv and movies.
(5) Engage in a fun and active activity together, such as going to a local convention, playing Dungeons and Dragons, hiking, or taking a dance class. You’ll not only spend quality time together, but you’ll also bond over a shared experience.
Valentine’s Day does not have to be costly or extravagant to be memorable. The most important thing is to spend time together and show how much you value your significant other. Remember to plan ahead of time and make sure you’re both on the same page about what you want to do. With a little thought and creativity, you can make this Valentine’s Day one to remember.