Predator 2 features Danny Glover, Gary Busey, Bill Paxton, Kevin Peter Hall and Maria Conchita Alonso. It is the sequel to Predator.
Predator 2 isn’t bad, but it lacks the magic that made the first movie such a riveting experience. I am not sure whether it’s the way the movie was cut or the way it was written. I heard rumours of a fan-cut of the film which is apparently better, but I have never seen it. Give it a watch, this isn’t my favourite film, but you may like it.
Kevin Peter Hall once again returns as the Predator, but this time as the City Hunter. He has a new collection of weapons and tools in the film ranging rom the net canon to the flying disc. The design of the City Hunter reminds me of a younger version of the Predator, most likely a younger Predator who has gotten permission to hunt the most dangerous prey.
Danny Glover gives a great performance and is definitely the highlight of the movie. Each scene of the movie you just expect him to go: “I’m too old for this shit Jack” – the famous line from the Lethal Weapon movies.
9 Fun facts from the movie, Predator 2
- At the end of the movie, the Alien skull on the trophy case on the Predator ship was the idea of Stephen Hopkins, as a way of showing all the different species and creatures the Predators have hunted and killed.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger said to no to Predator 2 as he did not like the new director and the script.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to co-star in the film, but decided to do Terminator 2: Judgement Day instead.
- The spear weapon used in the film disappeared after filming and was reported as stolen after filming was completed.
- Kevin Peter Hall studied African tribal dances in order to get into the feel and flexibility of the Predator and to give him a personality.
- Respirators were required for the slaughterhouse sequence due to debris and chemicals had filled up inside of the set.
- When the elder Predator handed Danny Glover the gun dating from 1715, writers Jim Thomas and John Thomas had conceived an idea for a possible Predator movie which would take place in a time where there are no modern weapons.
- The writing on the flintlock pistol says “Raphael Adolini 1715”. Later on, a Dark Horse comic tells the tale of this character – a pirate who disappeared along with his crew in the Bermuda triangle in 1718
- For the sequence where King Willy meets the predator in the alley, Wind and water fans were used to simulate the Predator walking on water before it is finally seen.